Body & Soul is currently looking for a number of interns to join the team. We’re proud to have developed a unique range of internships that offer graduates an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in an award-winning, front-line HIV support charity.
Body & Soul internships are dynamic and exciting, providing the opportunity to become involved in areas of the charity which would normally require greater experience. We also run weekly Internship skill and development classes that give you the opportunity to gain a deeper insight into the workings of the third sector.
To apply, or for more information, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship working with BaSe (10-12 year olds) affected by HIV
Based within the BaSe Service (10-12 yrs), the successful candidate will have the chance to work in an experienced multi-disciplinary team delivering a service that it unique in the UK.
We are looking for interns who…
• Are committed, creative and enthusiastic with a relevant related area of study.
• Are looking to gain work experience in the field of HIV/education/support work.
• Are willing to take on responsibility in this innovative charity.
• Are passionate about Body & Soul’s aims
• Assisting with research, planning and liaison in preparation for BaSe Service Evenings.
• Giving 1:1 support to BaSe members.
• Facilitating small group sessions.
• Providing Administrative support to the BaSe Programme.
• Potential for involvement in specific areas of the BaSe Programme depending on interests.
Please only apply if you are to commit to 3 days a week (Monday 9.30 – 17.30, Tuesday from 13.30 – 21.30 and the third day is flexible ) for a minimum of 3 months. We are looking to recruit ASAP.
Internship in the Communications Team
Body & Soul is looking for a confident, imaginative and motivated individual to join the Communications team. This is an exciting new opportunity to get hands-on experience working in a wide range of areas including online platforms and marketing, media and communications.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is comfortable writing engaging and accurate copy for and a wide range of audiences
• Ideally has a working knowledge of online social platforms including blogs and social networks
• Is passionate about Body & Soul’s aims and capable of presenting messages in an engaging way
• Is committed and enthusiastic
• Is articulate, with a strong attention to detail
• Is willing to take on responsibility in this innovative charity
• A knowledge of website CMS, Google Analytics and Google Adwords is not necessary but a willingness to learn basic elements is important
As a smaller charity, Body & Soul can provide fantastic experience for people interested in forging a career in the charity sector. You will have the opportunity to lead and manage projects, to take on responsibility and develop the role in line with your own interests under the support and supervision of the Head of Communications. You will be:
• Assisting the communications team in day-to-day administrative tasks
• Writing engaging and relevant website copy and reviewing existing content
• Using social media management tools to streamline social media activity and assisting in implementing social strategy on a weekly basis
• Tracking online traffic and engagement to monitor success and reach.
• Making connections with other organisations online
• Contributing ideas and research to improve Body & Soul’s profile in print and online.
• Writing nominations for sector awards where appropriate
We ask interns to commit to coming in for a minimum of two days per week for three months. This gives you the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish and ensures you have concrete achievements and experience to add to your CV at the end of your placement.