Where were you in ’96?
That we’re hoping to celebrate “big” for this anniversary is no coincidence: 18 years is a milestone that all of the young people who’ve attended Body & Soul since 1996 have aspired to, often with more energy, ambition, determination and bravery than their peers who aren’t dealing with the challenges of HIV in addition to all the challenges that teenage years bring.
For Body & Soul too, 18 years is a beacon of survival against the odds. We’ve also had to approach our work with energy, ambition, determination and bravery as we’ve been faced by sometimes seemingly insurmountable challenges. So, we’ve decided to challenge ourselves yet again with the launch of our 18th Birthday Trust Fund. You know we’re a small team with big ambitions for our members and we’re continuing to think big, setting ourselves a huge £1 million target over the next year.
Our 18th Birthday Trust Fund will help secure the future of Body & Soul and will enable us to secure the continuation of our transformational, vital programmes for children, young people and families living with HIV in the UK.
So, what will you do to help us celebrate? The possibilities are pretty much endless, but here are a few ideas to get you started;
- Join us for EMUsic on 8th August: An exclusive evening of music from Swarm of Bees, Malunga Yese, Andrea Kempson and more exciting acts, with legendary cocktails provided by our friends at Caravan. This popular event is hosted at Body & Soul and is always a sell-out so get in touch or buy your tickets online now!
- Get on your bike: In September Team Body & Soul is cycling from London to Paris to raise funds (and our heartrates!) for the Birthday Trust Fund. Join us and find out more about taking part.
- Raise the Dough: Body & Soul’s much loved chef Selina is busy cooking hundreds of delicious muffins that are ready to be boxed up and delivered to your door! This is a fab way to raise money for Body & Soul, get in touch with us and order your cakes today – sell them in your office, treat your friends or keep them all for yourself!
- Simply donate: Head to our 18th Birthday Trust Fund page and make a donation
- Get your office involved: Host an event at work, take collections from a dress down day, sell cakes, cycle to Paris, ask your company to donate… we’re good at coming up with ideas for this one so let us know if you’d like some direction!
- Or hold your own event: We’d love to hear your news – perhaps you used to volunteer and have moved away, perhaps you’ve been affected in some way by our work over the past 18 years. To set up a fundraising page for your event, head to our Birthday Trust Fund page.
- Text to Give: Text LIFT18 £5 to 70070 to dedicate £5 to the Birthday Fund.
Thank you. With your support we can celebrate our 18th year in style and secure the future of Body & Soul for as long as we’re needed.