Opportunities to fundraise for Body & Soul are limited only by your imagination. Our fundraisers have run marathons, jumped from planes and held inspiring events of music and poetry.
Not only do these fantastic activities generate much-needed funds, they also improve awareness of how Body & Soul meets the needs of children, teenagers and families living with or affected by HIV in the UK.
If you’re interested in fundraising, we’ll give you all the support you need. From brainstorming ideas to guidance on how to publicise your activity; event logistics to providing tips on how to maximise your donation – we’re just a phone call away. The following guide will help you get started or you can take a look at current opportunities to get involved.
Thank you for thinking of us and welcome to Team Body & Soul!
Cycling, running, walking, baking, dressing up... whatever fundraising event you choose, we'll be with you all the way
You'd be amazed by what our fantastic supporters have done to raise money in the past...
1. Plan – Time spent planning is good; it helps to keep you focused and achieve your fundraising goal. This is the right time to get in touch with Body & Soul and to write a one-page plan that:
- outlines your idea
- breaks down the steps that you need to take to make it happen
- lists what help you’re going to need and identifies who will help you!
2. Get noticed – the more attention you can attract the better your chances of raising cash. The best place to start is by using your existing networks to get the ball rolling. An article in your local paper, a radio shout out, or even regional TV can make a huge difference and can also help in approaching people for sponsorship or other ‘in kind’ help.
3. Get Online – a huge part of 21st Century fundraising! Set up a fundraising page and be sure that your donations come directly to Body & Soul, without having to chase sponsors. It makes it easy for friends, family and supporters to get behind you. Make Facebook, twitter and BT MyDonate your best friends (and don’t forget to find us on there too!)
4. Use Gift Aid – encourage people to tick the Gift Aid box when they sponsor you and if they’re a taxpayer, the value of their gift can be increased at no cost to them.
5. Communicate – keep Body & Soul up to date on how your plan is progressing. Let us know how you’re doing and send us pictures and any write ups. We would love to share your activities on our website and social networks. Who knows, it might get you a few more donations too!
6. Be ‘Professional’ – it always looks better if you can use the charity’s official logo and branding. If you’d like to include the Body & Soul logo in any of your publicity materials, please contact us and we can send you a logo and our brand guidelines.
We’re happy to advise you on great ways to advertise and generate interest in your event.
7. Be thorough – there are many things to think about when fundraising and we want you to keep safe and make the most of what you’re doing. There can be hidden regulations and we don’t want you to get in trouble or put yourself at risk. You may need to consider local council permissions, licensing, trading, health & safety, police notification…to name a few. Don’t let this deter you though, it’s just about being informed.
8. Stay on top of the money! – be clear on the financials! Good fundraising is all about good project management. Be clear about any costs from the outset and be realistic about your targets.
9. Finally, whatever you’re doing, look after yourself and those involved – both participants and donors. As thankful as we are to you, make sure you don’t forget to do the same with your supporters!
Good luck, and a huge thank you for thinking of us. We’re right behind you!
If you’d like to find out more, or if you need any help or advice with your event, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.